On one of the area’s most desirable sylvan roads; offered for sale for the first time in 49 years, an architecturally distinctive large country residence built c.1911 and designed by the well known Cornish architect Cornelius for his mother and owned by Mrs Cornelius for 53 years until 1964.
IN NEED OF THOROUGH RENOVATION and occupying a magnificent south backing sylvan plot of about half an acre with a very broad road frontage, the sale is an extraordinarily rare opportunity to acquire a house of calibre with much original Arts and Crafts/Art Nouveau detail intact, to fully renovate, with considerable scope and space for sympathetic extension if required, subject to all requisite consents. Like the house, the extensive grounds, too, require re-landscaping, having become overgrown and been cut back.
Opportunities of this nature - to acquire essentially a 'time capsule', in such a prime setting and in one of the most favoured villages south of Truro - are virtually unheard of these days and, as sole agent, we welcome Notes of Interest pending the lifting of restrictions upon viewing.
Features of the Arts & Crafts era include: steeply pitched gables, tile hanging, exposed timbers, large original inglenook fireplaces, high ceilings, imposing staircase with original tall leaded window. Beautiful sylvan outlooks.